Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Serendipity

christmas is just around the corner, but here in riyadh its the coming of eid that majority of the people are preparing for.

i'm a christian working here in riyadh and its been three years now that i didn't feel the christmas spirit. i miss the christmas carols, the carolers and all the christmas decorations.

i discovered that living alone in this god forsaken place makes me long for the people,food and places that i didn't give a second thought when i was still living in my native country. that how lucky i am even though i don't have tons of money in my pocket that i can be with my loved ones without being broke with expensive long distance charges. that i can eat my favorite pork dishes (how i long to eat pork adobo again) without paying SR 120 per kilo and to go to places that man and women can mingle without fear of the religious police.

if my all my debts are already paid and i have substantial amount saved in the bank then maybe i will say "Hasta la Vista Riyadh"....

No comments: